Sunday, January 18, 2004


Peyton and Donovan I hate you

All week I've been saying New England and Carolina. All fucking week. Now how is it when I call my bookie I say "Indy and Philly"?? Confidently too. Why am I such an idiot? Luckily I didn't lose much but still I could've used that damn scratch. Especially with this Tahoe trip coming up and all these mounting bills. Argh.

Lessons Learned 2nd Edition

1) Try not to second guess yourself. If you're undecided and feel like you can go either way but liked one side over another for whatever reason. Try to stick with it... unless you have significant reason to go the other way. Your first choice is always 50.00001% better.

2) Public/Vegas theories don't appear to work for NFL playoffs.

3) Study long... study wrong. Nuff said.

Weekend Recap

Other than today's costly loss my weekend was sweet. Friday was spent at home relaxing with the wife. Eating, Movies, Madden, Sex... repeat. Saturday was fun too. I spent most of the day wandering aimlessly around Union Square window shopping. Some might consider this very counter productive... not me. I like knowing whats out there just in case I have the sudden urge to buy something I can do it intelligently. I know... lame. Armani, Benetton, Macys, North Face, NikeTown, Urban Outfitters, Sisley, Virgin, Footlocker, J Crew... repeat (every 2-3 weeks or so).

After all that I had some greek food purchased from Whole Foods. Average at best. Then I met up with G for some drinks and pool. This dood decides to take me on a tour of the Tenderloin bar/pool scene. Enter bar, drink two ketel one crans, shoot a game or two, drive off to next bar... repeat 3-4 times.

Ouch. I was bent mayne. Luckily the missus was passed out and didn't notice me in my drunken state. I even remember throwing up before sleeping. I haven't done that in over a year I think.

Woke up today.. hungover and very dehydrated. What a beautiful day. Sunny, 70's. Pefect day for Pho, Football, and chillin around 9th and Irving with S and G. You know the rest... Pho Store, Mucky Duck, S's house, Citrus Club, TGE. I'd get into more detail but I really don't feel like writing. Gonna lay down and read.

M and the Over

Over me that is... M actually called me today after we traded a few txt messages. She got broked too. Sounded like she wanted some consoling from a fellow degenerate. Too bad I couldn't talk since I was accompanied by the wife. It's refreshing to know we're communicating again though. I guess she's finally over me. 20... the number of days it takes a woman to get over me. J/K.. I have no idea what's in her mind ;-)