Friday, October 03, 2003

Yes I'm slacking again. You know, waking up around 11:30 and sneaking into the office around 1:00PM. How sad. How pitiful right? Wrong. There are legitimate reasons for my reduced production: I just finished my last lessons before midterms and I wanted to reward myself by taking it easy for awhile. Also, projects have been getting finished at work and I have been lifting weights pretty consistenly. On top of that, I been able to do some reading... some interesting reading in fact.

I'm currently reading three books right now: The Theory of Poker by Slansky, A Chef's Tour by Bourdain, and finally Post Office by Charles Bukowski. And at the moment I'm most intriqued by the latter. Possibly I see alot of myself in the protagonist, Harry Chinaski, who has problems with alcohol, women, and showing up to work on time. Possibly I yearn to live that lifestyle.. not giving a fuck by speaking my mind and drinking like a fish. In fact Harry is a hero to me. He is genuinely a good guy without an ounce of malice in his heart. He just wants to live life as free and hedonistic as possible. So do I...