Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Macked On

It's funny how drastically things have changed.

During my years in high school and for some time in college I possessed no game at all with the ladies. No game was my game. As long as I maintained my looks and kept myself within the circle of cool people getting laid never took much effort. I never approached women--they approached me. Altough I was born an alpha male, these factors tamed my alpha-like tendencies (until I got her into the bedroom of course).

Then things changed. As I got older fewer and fewer woman played the role of aggressor, popular social circles I was a part of dispersed after college, and honestly, I think that as women age their desire for more alpha males increases as well.

That's when I naturally began to pick up what I possess this day: top shelf mutha fuckin' game.

What's funny though is my game still is vulnerable. And what's funnier is that it's now vulnerable to something that it used to be totally comfortable with: agreessive women.

Case in point...

Today, on my way to work I stopped at Boudin's to grab a sandwich. I walk in and immediately see two women at their own registers staring at me. One is a new young hottie I've been involuntarily gawking at my past few visits. The other, well.. the other one doesn't matter. I'm sort of in a rush as I need to be on a conference call with the big boss in 20 minutes and I needed to figure out what to order quickly. I was clearly focused only on accomplishing these two goals.

The cutie, with a flirtatious twinkle in her eye, blurts out what she thinks my name is (they usually ask for it when you place an order) and she's right. Her friend, who has taken my order a countless number of times, luckily backs off.

I walk up to her register and start ordering blah blah blah. The chick is cracking some lame jokes and bombarding me with questions about where I work and complimenting me on my hair. And then it dawns on me--this chick is trying to spit game at me. The game is weak and reveals her adolescence but it affects me by effectively reducing my game to zero. I stand there trying to flirt back but I can't. I'm frozen. I somehow manage to get her name and finally say bye. As I walk off I sense her embarrassment.

What the fuck??

Granted I was mentally preoccupied and pretty SF women just don't usually try to pick up guys at 10am in sandwich shops but damn, I there is no excuse for freezing like that. If she had tried to spit game like that at a bar or club I would've kiss or fuck closed her within an hour or two.