Thursday, December 08, 2005

The Prescient 8-Ball

Management has filtered down some info that we may be reorg'd again come January and that we should in effect, brace ourselves. I guess it's typical for company of this monstrosity. After all, we received the same warning two years ago. At least last time they flew us to Tempe and got us drunk first.

Because I am a complete xenophobe when it comes to my future I consulted my trusty all-knowing 8ball.

Me: "Am I getting laid off?"

8ball: "It is certain."

Me: (Shocked) "Are you sure?"

8ball: "Without a doubt."

Me: "Man, fuck you. How about best out of 5"

8ball: "As I see it, yes."

Oh well. There you have it. If it does happen I'm 100% sure its for the best this time. A year's worth of severance won't hurt either. Or maybe Mr. 8ball is just busting my balls.

Who knows.

But one thing's for sure, this time around, I'm going to do my best to not give a shit.