Tuesday, December 16, 2003

Anxiety... a feeling that has gradually filled my being today. After a relaxing day spent with the wife shopping and catching a flick I feel that I must face the inevitable: a lame trip to Phoenix tomorrow morning. Again I ask why? What's the point in all this? As a pack my bags I've come to this realization that this may be the last time I spend time with my beloved coworkers. The first time we're all in one place... The first time we can finally match faces to those voices... And unfortunately, for some of us, our last time to see each other. Man that sux. How can we pretend to even have an interest in the activites and seminars when in the back of our minds the decisions about our fate will have been made when we return to our respective homes?

I suppose I'll just try to make the best out of a sad situation. Be respectful.. keep a smile on my face blah blah blah. I'm tempted to put expensive meals and entertainment on my expense card just to send the message that they are fucking assholes for putting us through this. Maybe I can get some lapdances and a few rounds on the company. Just kidding HA HA.

Time to switch subjects... The wife and I saw The Last Samurai today and yes the praise it has received truly is deserved. It was awesome, inspiring, and unique. I'd say it was comparable to Gladiator or Braveheart in the context of war and honor except it depicted a history I wasn't too familiar with: feudal Japan. The way the Samurai prepared for war was astounding. I'll just leave it at that.

Oh well better pack some more and prepare for sleep I'll share some more thoughts on the movie later.