Monday, February 09, 2004


I Live a Crazy Life

I've come to this realization in the fact that I live a uniquely crazy-ass life. I mean.. who else can do it like me? I'm a high level engineer in the computer security world. I've got security clearances that would make me a target to the KGB. I could do some serious damage if I was an evil person. Seriously. Amazingly I'm don't have an engineering or computer science degree; I'm entirely self-taught. I managed to learn the most mundane tasks of the job completely on my own. In order to accomplish that I feel you have to possess an obscenely high IQ or have no social life. My IQ is average and my social life is excessive. Secondly I'm taking classes in an effort to finish my degree (in economics). This takes up a good percentage of my weekends and weeknights. Although I've been slacking in the past few months, I'm still in good position to earn A's or B's in both courses. Ok now to the crazy stuff... I'm a degenerate gambler. I probably study boxscores and expert analyses more than I study UNIX or economics put togher. I drink too damn much... possibly 4-5 times a week. Also, although I haven't been doing it lately, I excercise regularly. I'm married with a beautiful wife (who needs a lot of attention). Let's see what else... I'm a fiend for tv and movies and hang out on the couch way too much. I have yet to develop the discipline of not having to watch every damn game I have action on. I keep in touch with most of my friends in H-Town and in other cities. I find a way to still look stylish and attractive to the ladies. I blog too damn much. And top of all this.. I sleep 8-9 hours a day. Let's see if you fade that...