Thursday, February 19, 2004


A Much Needed Upgrade

I had a nice writeup for this but something happened and it got deleted.. Anyways, the old Samsung finally died today. After a series of snap, crackle, and pops the thing made an eerie sounding screech and poof... the display was gone. Good to know you my dear friend. You've been the best. We've watched over ten thousand flicks and you've had three different game consoles attached to you over time. RIP playa... Now I had no choice but to finally come out of pocket. After hours of research about hdtv/hdcp/dvi I hopped in the ride and swerved through traffic to get to the local Best Buy. End result: Arriving Saturday (lets hope) I present to you... the Mitsubishi WT-42313 HDTV Monitor and the Samsung DVD-HD931 DVI DVD player. I initially wanted to get the whole HDTV setup but after careful consideration I decided against picking up that HDTV receiver. Other than for the NBA playoffs coming up and all those PPV movies HDTV just isn't really that important right now. Plus, it really isn't in the Q2 budget. If football season was starting tomorrow.. surely, without hesitation, but it isn't. Instead I opted for the best dvd player on the planet, one that will allow for HDTV quality from standard DVD, 1080i for you gearheads. Too bad I've gotta wait 2 days for the gear to arrive. For now I have to suffer through two nights with no TV.