Monday, January 05, 2004

I have one of those old skool plastic 8-balls on my desk that displays a yes/no/maybe answer every time you ask it a question. I found it on top of a pile of cubicle waste one day when we were cleaning up our lab. Anyways I thought it was kind of kewl, being a pool player and my problem dealing with question marks in my mind, I picked the damn thing up. Before my long vacation I asked it a few rudimentary questions. I can't remember too many but one was "Will we hookup?" Why is that the only question I could remember? Now anyone that knows me knows I don't have a superstitious bone in my body... so trust me the damn thing is purely for amusement and laughs.. and possibly it tricks my mind into thinking the question marks disappeared. So, in an effort to clear my mental slate I ask it the following questions and get the following replies.

Q: Is she in love with me?
A: It is certain

uhh... well this is very doubtful but it would explain why she's avoiding me at all costs... it's her only defense.. it's the only way she can get over me.

Q: Am I getting laid off?
A: My reply is no

hahaha. jeah right.

Q: Will we be friends again sometime in the future?
A: Most definitely

Out of the three this answer is the only one remotely believable. I think it's understood that our friendship is strong. Considering everything it's been through.. it will endure (although suffer from gaps of pure hatred).