Monday, January 26, 2004


A Penny saved, a penny earned

True.. but at what cost? I've been making a valiant attempt at saving money this past weekend. I think I ended Sunday +80 bux (Thanks to that genius play on ATL... Jason Terry u a pimp). This contributed to the thriftiest weekend I've had in the past few yrs. It sux though that often times I equate fun to spending money. Honestly I hate being holed up at home playing madden, watching sports and movies, and napping all day. Yeah I'm not spending money but is it killing me faster? I mean slothfulness cannot be good for you. I can feel my brain cells waste away due to inactivity.You can even tell from my damn blog entry... boring. I even managed to trick myself into a quick workout at the gym and I still felt lazy afterwards. I'd prefer to chill at the pool hall, hike on angel island, or even just relax with a good book at a coffee spot. But unfortunately that shit costs money.

O jeah... I did feel a strange flutter on my side for a few hours afterwards a strenuous leg workout. I'm pretty sure it wasn't my heart as I distinctly felt that separately. I felt no pain but it did cause some concern. What the fuck was that? Did I work out my abs too hard? I think I just need to find a proper balance somehow someway before problems snowball. On the brighter side, I did in fact hit the gym plus I managed to get some school work done (first time in months). Base hits baby.. base hits. We'll work on home runs later.


Super Sunday steadily approaching

Come on brain wake up... Super Bowl. That's definitely occuping a large space in my brain. Too much in fact. Maybe that's why I feel so slow. I've been pouring over countless useless and insignificant facts for the past few days. Pats are staying at the Intercontinental and the Panthers are out there near Greenspoint. Should I read into this further? Is CAR gonna be more focused since they're locked in some war room somewhere while NE is out galavanting at red carpet galas? Mushin Muhammad is on the cover of SI this week. Yup CAR is the recipient of the SI curse. Shit I'm not superstitious why do I think about curses? Is it really pointless? Does it matter if Brady gets drunk the night before the big game? I think not. Shit.. I'd probably play even better.


Alternative Hits CD Volume I

Friday night I made an 90's alternative hits CD. It features of ballads and easy to sing type stuff like: Red Hots, Goo Goo Dolls, Third Eye Blind, Oasis. Yup.. heartfelt songs that accurately fit my current state of mind: a rut... at romantic seductive rut. Its a refreshing change from Tiddy Bar hits volume 3. I need to start posting track lists on here.


All you can eat... nothing I want

I know I've been bumpin my gums about the damn whole foods downstairs for past couple weeks. Rightfully so I thought. After work today I decided to walk through and possibly find something to eat... again. Same indian food, same comfort food, same damn deli stuff. I even browsed the frozen food aisles and considered buying some chicken taquitos (the photo on the box looked scrumptous). So i figured this would be a nice change... some fuckin Tex-Mex snacks. As I reached for it I noticed it contained a "vegetarian chicken substitute". I walked around found some prepackaged chicken tika masala but it just didn't look very appetizing. I'll pass. Next to that there was some something that looked like tofu and green beans over rice. The package read "Vegan Filipino Favorites" (or something similar). What the fuck?? There aint nothin vegan about Filipino food. I shook my head in disbelief and walked out of the damn store. They seriously need to rethink their offerings. At least change it up every few days. Bottom line is I'm already sick of the food there and they just opened like 2 weeks ago. Can a Popeyes or Sinh Sinh please open up next door? Oh well, I'm getting too spoiled I guess. How would I live if everything (supermarket, pool hall, nice bars, work, tiddy spot, etc) wasn't 2 blocks away. How would I live? Gotta find food!!!!

O yeah i really miss reading Bukowski. Ironically, his writing is very motivating.