Wednesday, January 14, 2004


Monkey off my back

I guess the news is out. We've suffered a loss in our group and it wasn't painful at all. He actually seems happier than he was before. 6 months of severance would probably make me happy too. But was it all worth it? All that stress and anguish. For what? Man I really gotta learn that worrying does NO good whatsoever. Try to get that into the head of a worry-worm though.

Anyways, I was pretty relieved to find out it wasn't me leaving this relaxing and convenient job. When she told me I just breathed out and tried to contain any facial expressions. I couldn't even look at her. I didn't want her to see me smile. Today she held an impromptu meeting just to brief us on the big picture: our titles were changing, who else got cut, etc. Most importantly, she reminded us that what just happened is neither good nor bad. It's just something that happened. Don't try to judge it. If we didn't face certain hardships in our past we wouldn't be together as a group now. Your best bet is just to embrace it. Amen. I love my boss.

After getting off work, I guess you could say I was joyous, to say the least. I kept yelling "Hey mayne i got a yab, still".... about a hundred times. The wife was clearly annoyed. But relieved at the same time for she knew I'd was no longer going to be moping around in my pj's and being a cheapass about everything. She could breathe easy now too. I figured this called for celebration so I immediately fixed myself a ketel one cran and suggested we go out to eat somewhere. Initially I thought Chili's or Bennigans but as the drink relaxed me I thought of that long trip out to San Bruno or San Mateo and it just didn't seem worth it. Instead we went to Bacar, an upscale wine bar/restaurant a few blocks away. We each got the 3 course meal with 5 different wines paired with the appetizers and entrees. The jazz band was relaxing but groovy. The ambiance was amicable. The food and wine was pretty typical, nothing outstanding. However, I must commend them on the duck and chards sp?? The damage was fairly significant too but hey.. I've been a cheapass for an entire month. What the hell.



Whole Foods Market Open for Bizness!!!

Whole Foods market finally opened downstairs from my building. I had to hit it up as I've been fiending for a sandwich from them for months. Chicken breast on a sourdough loaf.. Not bad. I guess my boss was aware of the grand opening also as she submitted a pick-up request for tomorrow's meetings. As long as I can put it on the expense card... No prob. Glad to be at your service.