Wednesday, January 07, 2004

werd up. Ok werd on the street is we will know our fate on Tuesday Jan 13. I wish it was today. I can't work with this crap hovering above me like this. Everything will be all good... Take a deep breath... Live by the moment... Live by the beat... Exhale.

I've been assigned to work on this LDAP/AD project. I notice others in my group sneering about it. I've seen them suddenly jump into other projects beforehand too. I can sense relief in their faces. I feel like I've been stuck with the old maid card. Hahaha. Who cares. At this point I'll take the hardest project they can devise. I'll offer to rewrite HP-UX from scratch if they wanted. At least I can append it to my resume.

Today I got into a discussion with an old friend who holds a truly opposite view of life than myself. He's 100% about money: making as much of it and accumulating as much as possible. That's kewl and all. I grok. But I don't believe that that type of lifestyle is worth it because the memories and good times lost from being a cheap-ass can never be regained. I mean what's the point of being an obscenely rich old fart lacking real world experience outside the daily grind?

I'm not a hardcore saver nor spender.. i sit somewhere in between. That's my balance. If that balance gets disturbed i get sick. That's all there is to it.

I can't complete this entry. Going across the street to meet a friend for a beer.