Saturday, May 08, 2004


Sobriety Test

Last night I made a decision: I will abstain from alcohol until I've taken both exams at the end of this month. The purpose is twofold:I will be forced to stay home and hit the books instead of drinking to celebrate or drinking before getting down to business. Secondly, I've felt for a while now that my confidence level should never be dependent on anything. It needs to stay at a stable level irregardless of how many drinks I've had, how much I can bench, how many miles I've run, what I just accomplished, etc. And honestly, alcohol has always been a significant confidence booster for me... Let's live on the edge and try to live without it for awhile.


Mic Check

My music tastes are widely diverse. Here's what's bumpin in my hard drive right now.

Calla
Death Angel
Binary Star
John Lee Hooker
Portishead
Hendrix
De La Soul
Interpol
Herbie Hancock
Kraftwerk