Friday, May 14, 2004


Still Hobbled

I'm still not 100% yet. I'm still stricken with minor vertigo accompanied by a hollow feeling in my right ear. My upper back aches. My allergy symptoms have been held in check since I've been popping that Claritin daily. Overall, I still feel like crap.

Yesterday, I dropped by the doctor's office once again. This trip marks the first time I get to see the doctor who's actually listed on my insurance card. Hmm... maybe this time things will be different. Maybe this time she'll actually troubleshoot further. WRONG. Same shit. She's about seven months pregnant. She's obviously very busy with elderly dying patients. She hears my spiel about my "issues" and tells me the same thing her predecessors have told me... I'm a strong XX year old male in superior health. I just happen be suffering from some minor problems associated with my allergies. Blah Blah Blah. No prescription, no tips. I was, however, grateful that she had her nurse irrigate my right ear. Not sure it helped much though but it did feel kind of kewl. She did offer to give me a CAT scan if I so desired. She felt it would be a waste of time/effort. I declined. But if this thing doesn't subside soon I may take her up on it. Please God... don't let this be anything serious.