Thursday, May 06, 2004


Testing My Limits

They say the only way to truly know yourself is to take yourself to the edge. In other words, test your limits. Right now, at this very moment, mine are getting tested... harshly. Every aspect of my life is getting challenged. Physically, I'm fighting a strange elusive cold/flu/virus. I'm constantly exhausted and every fucking cell in my body aches. I really need to rest this off. Unfortunately there's not much time for quality rest.

Several projects at work are near completion. Deadlines rapidly approach. My group is short about 3-4 bodies. My collegues are putting alot of pressure on me to step up and get things done either because they are too busy already or they feel I'm best suited to take on certain tasks (since I did them before a couple years ago). Unfortunately, I've it's been ages since I've performed these tasks so I'll have to figure it all out again. If they had the time and patience they'd tackle these problems themselves. It shouldn't be difficult but it's burning up a lot of my time and energy.

As I write this, I've developed a couple methods to automated certain processes. It doesn't help much though because these "jobs" take forever to run. Isn't it fucked up that no matter how fast computers get we still spend excessive amounts of time waiting on them to finish tasks?

As far as school goes, I've got one last ECO lesson to complete before I can take the final at the end of the month. Knocking it out won't be a problem but since time is such a rare commodity I'm struggling a bit.

Stay strong playa.


The Magic of a Pool Table

Yesterday I was sick as a dog and my strength was about 20% throughout the day. I remember straining just to replace a water bottle for my lovely (internally) coworkers. Although I previously agreed earlier in the day to shoot some pool with a homie, by late afternoon I contemplated cancelling. My body just felt like crap. All I wanted was to go home and lay down. For some reason I decided against flaking and ended up at the GE with my cue. After breaking the first rack something magical happened. All my pain and suffering faded away. Work and school related problems vanished miraculously. All that mattered now was making shots and getting good shape on the next ball. Man, I love that game.


Random Musings

That new Prince Album, Musicology is pretty fuckin crunk.

Wifey and I are hella addicted to the BBC comedic sitcom, The Office. Yeah mate, that show smokes like crack. Gareth is my favorite haha.

The developers of IBM's AIX Operating System should be shot. What's the logic behind the naming of certain commands like smit, lssrc, startsrc, etc.


Lyrics to Live by

Reality Check by Binary Star
I'm used to being indigent, who said its all about the Benjamin's?
I wanna fortune, I wanna make music and hit the lottery
Fortunately my music is never watery
That's how its gotta be, as far as I can see
Maybe you should grab a telescope to see my view its like astronomy
It aint all about economy
so the fact that these wack emcees is making G's don't bother me
Honestly, my number one policy is quality
never sell my soul is my philosophy